Arrival is on July 9th, and Departure is on July 15th.
The Florida Band Incubator (FBI) is a 5-day workshop designed to foster the artistic and professional growth of young bands preparing for active touring careers. Pre-formed bands are
coached and mentored by world-class string faculty from the Mike Block String Camp Extension, as well as engaging with other bands participating in the FBI through workshops, masterclasses,
and business seminars.
If you are in a musical group containing at least one bowed/picked string player that is working towards building a successful professional band by making recordings, booking shows, and/or
making music videos, then the FBI will help you get to the next level – both artistically, and professionally.
FBI Activities include:
- Private coaching sessions with faculty
- Performance feedback from faculty and other participants in Masterclasses
- Daily rehearsal time and space to create new music, work on ensemble playing, and put together new arrangements.
- Music Business workshops and seminars with Loren Weisman (author of "Music Business for Dummies" and "The Artists Guide to Success") geared to creating tailor-made plans for each band.
- Performances in two public concerts as part of the Vero Beach International Music Festival, which will be videotaped and photographed for band's future promotional use.
- Bands will work to refine their artistry and hone their creative direction in a stimulating and supportive environment alongside other bands working towards similar goals.
- Swimming in the ocean after rehearsal in beautiful Vero Beach, Florida!
Pre-formed Bands (at least two people) must complete the Online Application Form:
FBI Application Deadline is May 1, 2017.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 per band is required at time of Application. Use the button below to submit.
In order to be sensitive to the cost of attending as a group, Tuition is on a graded scale, depending on the size of your band:
- $900 per duo ($450 each)
- $1150 per trio ($383 each)
- $1400 per quartet ($350 each)
- $1650 per quintet ($330 each)
- $1900 per sextet ($316 each)
This covers participation in all 5 days of workshops, coachings, seminars, masterclasses, jams, and performances, as well as use of professional-quality videos and photos
for subsequent promotional use. Participants will be responsible for their own accommodations, meals, and travel expenses (see LODGING page for details).
FBI Payment Deadline is May 1, 2017.